USGBC Alabama Chapter
Q) How do I join the Alabama Chapter of the USGBC?
A) Log on to the national USGBC site, choose the Alabama Chapter, follow instructions.
Q) How do I become a National USGBC member?
A) Click here to be directed to the the national USGBC site, where you can find out more info and register.
Q) If my company has joined as a national USGBC member, am I automatically a member in the state in which I'm employed?
A) Companies join nationally, individuals join locally. When you sign up to become a member of the Alabama Chapter, you will need your national USGBC company account number in order to become a full Alabama USGBC member. If you do not provide your corporate number, you will be charged the Associate Member dues and will not have full member privileges.
Q) What are the benefits of being a National and/or Local USGBC Member.
To see a complete list of National benefits, please click here.
Alabama Chapter Membership Benefits
- Discounts on LEED Workshops offered by USGBC branches throughout Alabama.
- Discounts on Lunch & Learn's throughout Alabama.
Q) How can I get involved?
A) The AL Chapter is growing at the speed of light. At the present time, we rely solely on volunteers to reach out to membership, schedule programs, update the website, reach out to the media, etc. Any help you can lend is greatly appreciated.
Q) What's the best way to become a LEED® AP?
A) 1. Research the LEED accreditation that best suits you and your career, whether it be LEED for New Construction, LEED for Existing Buildings, LEED for Commecial Interiors, etc.
2. Once you've selected which LEED AP exam to take, click here to go to the website and purchase your study guide. Keep in mind if you are an employee of a National USGBC Member Organization, you will receive substantial discounts.
3. While you're waiting on your materials to arrive, search for a Exam Prep course or LEED Workshop offered in your area and sign up.
4. Ask lots of questions of your fellow LEED-AP's...many tips on courses, manuals, etc. can be learned.
Q) How can I sponsor the Alabama Chapter?
A) You can become a Platinum, Gold, Silver, or Green Leeder sponsor of the Alabama Chapter of the USGBC. You can sponsor venues, meals at lunch & learns, etc. In-Kind sponsorship as well as regular donations to the USGBC of Alabama are welcomed. We are a 501C3 non-profit, so your contribution is tax deductible. If you would like to sponsor the Chapter, please click here: usgbc.zeekeeinteractive.com/how-to-sponsor.php
Click here to submit a question you'd like listed on this page.